Hello everyone! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving day. I always have a relaxing Thanksgiving, no pressure to cook a big feast as I just have a little family. Didn’t stop me from baking and cooking some of out favorite goodies. This recipe is inspired by Ina Garten’s outrageous brownies but I did a pretty significant tweaks. Don’t get me wrong, Ina’s brownie recipe is one of the best out there however, I always end up eating too much and get sick of it real quick. I really love the combination of dark chocolate and sea-salt and eating so much of these bars won’t dry up your throat because the bitterness of the chocolate balances it out. If you like dark chocolate, this recipe is definitely for you.
Salted Dark Chocolate Brownies
12 oz Baking Dark Chocolate
1 cup Butter, Unsalted
3 large Eggs
1 cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Instant Espresso powder
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup AP Flour + 1 Tbsp for coating the Walnuts
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tbsp Salt
1 & 1/2 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 to tbsp Fleur de Sel (Sea Salt Flakes)
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Butter & flour a 12×6 Sheet pan and set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Slightly cool down.
3. While the chocolate is cooling down, in a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together 1/2 cup of flour, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, tossed the walnuts with the remaining flour.
5. Combine the egg and chocolate mixture, fold in the flour until well combined and then fold in the walnuts.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes. After 10 minutes of baking, slightly lift the pan and drop to get the air bubbles out and then sprinkle the sea salt. Finish the baking for 10 minutes or more until the toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
7. Let the brownies completely cool down before cutting.
8. Enjoy with coffee. ☺️