I was going to make some Ube Macaron. Got my egg whites aged but had a lil too much sparkling wine during the Seahawks Game lol. Macaron is way too complicated. So I made an Ube Japanese Cheesecake instead. It’s not jiggly as I want but I have to say, this turned out so good.
Ube Japanese Cheese Cake
4 Egg Whites, at room Temp
1/2 Cup of sugar
8oz Cream Cheese, Room temp
1/2 Cup Milk
3 Tbsp Butter
4 Egg yolks
1 tsp Ube flavoring
1/2 cup cake Flour
2 tbsp Dehydrated Ube
Serve with Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325f. Prepare an 8inch spring form pan by lining it with baking paper. Cover the bottom as well with foil to protect it from water. Boil some water for the water bath.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, mix cream cheese, butter and milk over and melt over low heat. Set aside and let it cool down for a little bit.
- In a stand mixer, with the whip attachment, whip the egg whites until soft peaks. Sprinkle the sugar slowly until stiff peaks.
- In a big bowl, combine the cream cheese mixture, ube extract and the egg yolks and mix until smooth.
- Add in flour and dehydrated ube.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites just until well combined.
- Transfer into the cake pan and put into a deep pan and fill it with hot water until it’s halfway through.
- Bake for 1hr.
- Turn off the oven and crank it open and let it cool inside for 10 minutes.
- Completely cool and set in the fridge. Serve with sprinkle of powdered sugar.