Paseo is a Seattle based Caribbean Restaurant and they are famous for their Cubano Sandwich. I figured since tomorrow is National Cuban sandwich day, why not share you my version of itHope you like it! ;D
Roast pork Cuban Sandwich
2 12 oz Baguette Sandwich
2 12 Oz baguette
2 Lbs Pork Shoulder Roast
1 TBSP SALT
1/2 TBSP Pepper
1 TBSP Dried Oregano
1/4 Tsp Cumin
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 & 1/2 CUP Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Orange Juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil + 1 Tbsp for toasting the bread
1 Medium Size yellow Onion, Sliced
1 Orange, peeled and segmented
Juice of 1 Medium size Lime
1/2 Bulb of Garlic
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1 TBSP Horseradish
Juice of 1/2 of Lemon
Pickled Banana Peppers
- Preheat Oven to 350F. In a heavy bottom, oven safe pan, heat 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Saute onions until soft and set aside half of it.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper. In the same pan, add the remaining oil and brown the pork on a all sides, about 3-5 minutes each side.
- Once browned, add in garlic bulb, orange segments, oregano, cumin and de glaze with OJ and chicken stock. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan and cover with foil.
- Roast in the oven for 2 to 2 and half hours. Make sure to check halfway, keeping it from dehydrating, adding more stock if needed.
- Remove the pork from the oven and shred.
- Save the bulb and discard the skin to be used for Aioli.
- Mix all the ingredients for Garlic Aioli.
- Slice open your bread and drizzle olive oil over, toast to your liking.
- To assemble, put generous amount of Aioli, the pork and condiments of your choice.