I rarely post two days in a row but since I had a long weekend (due to a nasty sprained ankle), it felt like I had so much time. I’m not the one to sit still at home, so the itch to create is real. Jack told me he was going to cash in this “stay in” weekend so they stayed home with me (as if they have a choice). =D They have been taking care of my dog walkies duties so for that I rewarded them with their fave. This recipe is actually my recipe of Max’s Fried Chicken Caramel Bar with a lil twist. Adding Fleur de Sel (sea salt) works with the sweetness of these yummy things.
Hope you like it =D
Sea Salt Caramel Bar
1/3 Cup Butter, Melted
1 14oz Can of Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup White Sugar
4 Egg Yolks
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cups + 1 TBSP Cake Flour or All Purpose Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/ 2 Cup Crushed Nuts
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- Grease and flour a quarter sheet pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, condensed milk and sugar until smooth.
- Add in 4 egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift the cake flour and salt to the condensed milk mixture and fold in gently until well combined.
- Fold in half of the nuts and pour the batter to the prepared pan. Make sure to spread the batter evenly.
- Top it with the remaining nuts and sea salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-18 minutes. (Toothpick test)
- Cool completely on a rack before cutting it.