Oh my, hello everyone. It’s been a minute and I miss posting on this blog. It was a hectic holiday and really just been trying to get back on track. Getting back on track meaning eating clean and workout during the week and no restrictions weekend 😉. And since it is the weekend as I’m writing this, I would like to share to you guys probably the easiest recipe of garlic butter shrimp. Simple but it rocks!😂
Leaving the head on is what makes this recipe special. The combination of the garlic, butter, soy sauce and the shrimp head is an explosion of umami. This can be served with pasta but the best way to enjoy this is off course with RICE! and lots of it, definitely an ab killer. But hey, it’s the weekend, let’s work hard again on Monday =D
Garlic Butter Shrimp
1lb Shrimp, head on, tail on, deveined
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise (Kewpie recommended)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter
6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 Long sweet pepper, sliced
- Clean shrimp: Cut off the mouth, eyes, antenna and the claws. Remove the skin leaving the tail on. Make a shallow slit in the middle of the back and remove the black vein. Rinse under running water and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the butter. Sauté garlic until fragrant, do not burn.
- Add in the shrimp and sauté for about 4 minutes right after it turns pink on both sides.
- Add in the sweet peppers and the sauce mixture.
- Sauté for another minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat and squeeze more lemon juice and top with chopped herbs of your choice.
- Enjoy it with rice.
- To eat it with pasta, just add 3 tbsp of pasta water and toss in half of the box of pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions. Add in more fresh herbs.