First & foremost, I would like to thank everyone for checking out my humble food blog. The whole process of doing this gives me so much fulfillment. So thank you, the small amount of you guys fill the billion spaces in my heart. Aye! lol
So going back to this recipe. Off course I have to make Carbonara and nothing is simpler than this recipe. Just a disclaimer though, I didn’t include a recipe for poached eggs as there are many recipes that you can try and practice doing. I personally not a fond of making them, but I’d eat it with my salad every damn day if I have too. It’s so delicious and definitely highlights my favorite part of the egg (the yolk).
Growing up, the carbonara I know was cooked in cream and eventually learned that authentic carbonara usually requires pancetta, egg yolk and parmesan. I’m not saying this recipe is authentic but close.
Please let me know what you think of this recipe. ♥♥♥
Carbonara Linguini with Poached Egg
Yield: 2-3 servings
1/2 lbp of Linguini, cooked
3 slices of Bacon, cut into small pieces
1/2 tbsp of Garlic, chopped
4 tbsp of Italian Parsely, finely chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2-3 Eggs, Poached
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a pan, sauté the bacon until golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and sauté, watch closely until light brown in color, careful not burn.
- Add in the pasta and toss until all the pasta is coated in bacon oil.
- Add in 3 tbsp of the parsley and the rest of the parmesan and toss again until well mixed and remove from heat.
- Serve with poached egg, sprinkle more parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
- Enjoy! 😊