Fried rice is my guilty pleasure, my ultimate comfort food. If Jack can eat 8 slices of pizza, I can out eat him with fried rice. Lately, I’ve been experimenting on quick kimchi. I actually made my version of cucumber kimchi and ate for snacks as part of my meal prep last week. And off course, as if eating kimchi for a week is not enough, I made kimchi fried rice using the same kimchi sauce.
In this recipe, you can substitute the kimchi sauce & veggies with a ready made classic Napa kimchi. It should be good as well.
This recipe is super easy and tasty. 😋
Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice
Yield: 3-4 Servings
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Gochugaru (Korean Red Pepper)
1/2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
4 Slices of Bacon, chopped into tiny pieces
3 cups Rice, cooked & cold
2 Cups of Shredded Cabbage Mix
Green Onions, Chopped
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the kimchi sauce and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the bacon until light brown.
- Add in the shredded cabbage mix and sauce for a minute and add in the rice.
- Sauté the rice until all the grains are separated.
- Add in the kimchi sauce and sauce for a couple more minutes.
- Serve with sunny side up and chopped green onions.