The best tacos for me are those with less ingredients. After all, the more “frufru ” you put in your taco, the less authentic it becomes. Don’t get me wrong, I love tacos, all kinds. The overly embellished ones or the street style tacos you can get from your local taqueria. I made this recipe because I just.. I just don’t have time lol and also would like something easy and something I can keep in my fridge for a week because this will be my lunch for this week.
Don’t be intimidated with the amount of seasonings I used, I just happen to have them all and if you don’t, taco seasoning will do so (2 1/2 tbsp for this particular recipe)
This can also be a salad if you like (I like to be naughty this week so I used flour tortilla ☺️). Some salad greens, tomatoes, avocados, cheese, corn, sour cream etc. Feel free.
This taco recipe is actually inspired by a Mexican restaurant in Seattle that I’m ashamed to admit I forgot the name. I just remember thinking putting pineapple to your taco is kind of weird but it all made sense when I put it in my mouth.
I hope you try this recipe because it’s so simple and easy.
Yield: 8 tacos
1lb Chicken Breast
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 or more (depending on how spicy you want it) Crushed red peppers
2tbsp vegetable oil
1 & 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1/2 of medium size yellow Onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp Cilantro Finely Chopped
1 cup pineapple, small slices
8 Tortillas (taco size)
1. In a slow cooker, add in the chicken, all the spices and oil and cook for 4hrs on high.
2. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and save the stock.
3. Reduce stock in half by boiling it uncover for about 12-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breast.
5. Combine the reduce stock and the shredded chicken.
6 Combine the onion and cilantro.
7. Slice some lime.
8. Grill some pineapple slices on high, we are not cooking the pineapple but just putting some grill marks or char on it.
9. Assemble your taco: Warm your tortilla according to package directions, place some chicken, cilantro onion, grill pineapple and lime juice.