Another quick snack for a busy week. Again, I have left over onion so I added teriyaki onion just to change it up a little bit. Hope you like it. =D
Yield: 8 musubis
1/2 of medium size onion, sliced
1 can of spam, less sodium sliced into 8s
1/4 cup Terriyaki Sauce
4 sushi nori cut lengthwise
2 tbsp + 2 tsp Rice seasoning (you can get them at asian store)
4 cups of short grain rice, cooked
2 tbsp sweet rice wine
1 tbsp of sugar
- Heat a pan with the oil. Add in Onion and sauté until light brown.
- Add in the spam slices and the teriyaki sauce and simmer for 3 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked rice, rice wine and sugar. Careful not to mush the rice.
- Using as sushi mat, arrange the sushi with this order: Nori, 1/4 cup rice, rice seasoning, spam, teriyaki onion & 1/4 cup rice and then roll away.
- Repeat the process for 7 more spam.
- Enjoy! 😊