It’s been a minute! =D If you may ask, what is Caldereta? Well, Caldereta is one of my absolute favorite Filipino dish. It’s a coconut, tomato & soy sauce base meat stew. The spiciness and the sweetness of the coconut makes it one of my favorite Filipino dish. It reminds me of a lot of family dinners. It also reminds me of the “Carinderia ” eatery style in Manila. On a budget, I would always order this with a lots of rice off course.
Today, I decided to give it a little twist. The caldereta sauce is just a universal carb partner lol.
I really hope you would try this, it’s so bomb. Ask me questions if you are confuse with the recipe. Love you all.
Beef Caldereta Pasta
Yield 6-8 Servings
1/2 cup Beef Stock
1/2 cup Coconut Cream (not the light one)
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1 tbsp mustard
1 thai chili, chopped (or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes)
1/2 lbp Thinly sliced Beef (Sirloin or round top steak, your choice =D)
1/4 tsp baking soda (it tenderizes the meat)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 of a medium size yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
5 sweet baby peppers or 2 bell pepper, julienned
1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 pk of 454g pasta, cooked (I really like linguini on this recipe but spaghetti will do as well)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp tomato paste
Unlimited cheese (preferably swiss or white cheddar)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients & set aside.
- Mix the all the meat ingredients & set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in the pan. Saute the meat mixture until brown on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes & set aside.
- In the same pan, put in the butter and saute the onions until soft and add in garlic.
- Add in the baby peppers and saute for a 2 more minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Add in the sauce mixture and make sure scrape the bottom of the pan. Let it simmer until it thickens about 5 minutes.
- Add back in the sauteed beef and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss until the sauce is all incorporated.
- Add in the chopped parsley and ( leave some for garnish) toss.
- Grate some cheese on top and garnish it with more chopped parsley.
- ENJOY =D